Consumer Involvement Program:
The Arc of Illinois, through a grant from the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities, administers the Consumer Involvement Program and distributes consumer stipend funds to enable people with developmental disabilities and their family members to attend conferences of their choice that are directly related to developmental disability issues.
Who can apply?
· Illinois resident
· A person with a developmental disability
· Family members of a person with a
· developmental disability
· A guardian/foster parent of a person with a developmental disability
How do I apply?
· The application form must be completed and returned to The Arc of Illinois with a copy of the conference brochure and a completed registration form.
· The application must be filled out in the person(s) name attending the conference and hotel/motel information and rates should be included, if requesting.
· All applications and conference registration forms should be received 30 days prior to the date of the conference/workshop.
· Conference or workshop topics must specifically relate to developmental disability issues.
· Stipends are not approved retroactively for previously attended conferences.
Questions? Call The Arc of Illinois at 815-464-1832
The Statewide Transition conference Steering committee has created a consumer Scholarship Program to enable families and individuals with a disability to attend the Statewide Transition Conference they otherwise would be unable to attend due to financial constraints. For application or questions contact Tara Dunning, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-744-7744.